Is there any interest in 'MyBD' or 'Wishlists' ?

Discussion of Site Features Current and Future
DAve
LPCM

Is there any interest in 'MyBD' or 'Wishlists' ?

Post by DAve »

I have been messing around with the php code a bit and found that I can access the forum cookies from my other pages if I set things up right.

What this means is, if you are logged in and have a session going here on the forum I can use the cookie to uniquely identify you for other features like polls (which was why I was looking at this).

Then I got to thinking - if we can be identified safely, we can make BD lists like 'BDs I own' or 'BDs I want to own'. Of course it is all made so much simpler due to there being a complete list - all you would need to do is tag the ones you own (or want), which could be done in a number of ways, and the title would be added to your list.

Needless to say it would take quite some coding effort, so I would like to gauge interest.

Any thoughts?
Mehar
Dolby Digital

Post by Mehar »

This would be a welcome addition!
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

I have a number of other things I want to achieve first but I hope to get some work done on this idea perhaps in a month or two.

Certainly our small group of forum users will get to beta test these things if they want.
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Now that I bought a bar code scanner, I have started serious work on the MyBlu-rayStats features.

I am starting with the 'Collection' side but will add a 'Wishlist' table also.

You will need to be a forum member to use this feature - it uses the forum cookies to identify you so you need to be logged in to a current session on the forum.

Currently there is no listing function. When there is I will post the pages here so you guys can play around with it.