Wishlist Function being Added

Discussion of Site Features Current and Future
DAve
LPCM

Wishlist Function being Added

Post by DAve »

Some of you may have noticed that I am adding an Wishlist in addition to the Collection list.

The aim of this is to add the movies you want as they are announced (it will work with UPC or Amazon ASIN numbers so you can put pre-order titles in the wishlist).

There will eventually be a way to sort the wishlist based on savings and possibly to get alerts when wishlist titles are at a set saving percentage or better.

I should be able to allow the threshold for alerts to be individually set in the long term.

In any case, this is a function that I want - to be able to see which titles I need and which titles I need that are heavily discounted.

Feel free to add suggestions or comments about such a feature...
felix
Dolby Digital

Post by felix »

i've noticed that on the wishlist page, titles that start with 'the' are alphabetized with 'the' considered part of the title. but on the blu-ray statistics page, 'the' is ignored and the titles are alphabetized using the first letter of the word after 'the'. no big deal, obviously, but figured i'd mention it.

don't know which way it is on the collections page...don't have enough blu-rays yet!

glad i stumbled across this site - very handy! thanks for making it!
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

The 'The' thing is tricky to do across the board.

I may fix that in the wishlist and amazon lists eventually but there is so much else that needs doing it will probably be a while.

I will add it to the todo list...

Glad you like the site.

Cheers!
Dave.