Newbie question - stats on upcoming BRs?

Discussion of Site Features Current and Future
boe
Dolby Digital

Newbie question - stats on upcoming BRs?

Post by boe »

Hello,

I may very well have missed it as I'm just checking out this great site. Is there a place to see the stats on upcoming BR releases? The BR stats are fantastic!

Keys for me would be the video codec and lossless audio - I won't buy a BR unless it is avc or vc-1 and lossless audio - I double dipped on too many DVDs to ever buy a half assed transfer on any new discs.

Thanks
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Hi boe,

I am working on getting that side of things together.

Needless to say it is tricky moving from having data on current release to including all upcoming releases also.

I think in a couple of months we should be in good shape for 'the future' - however be aware that the future information is not as accurate as the current - sometimes things change.

In general you should be pretty safe buying titles from Sony, Fox/MGM, Disney, Paramount and Universal with respect to AVC and lossless audio.

There may still be the occasional MPEG2 from Fox and Warner is not very reliable yet for lossless audio...

In any case, I hope to have the upcoming list in good shape by around March and when I feel it is ready, it will be easier to access this info.

Right now the only easy way to see upcoming titles is in the cover art gallery.
boe
Dolby Digital

Post by boe »

Thanks!!!!
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Just for the loyal forum readers:

You can watch the release list come up to speed here:

http://www.blu-raystats.com/NewsLog/upc ... -releases/
Bicgatepc02
Dolby Digital

Re: Newbie question - stats on upcoming BRs?

Post by Bicgatepc02 »

It would be interesting to include 'mine' as a filter, so that it does the filtering and by only displays discs you own... perhaps when we have a few more users on board! :D

Re: Newbie question - stats on upcoming BRs?

Post by DAve »

There are quite a few users. A Mine filter would be a little difficult though given the way the filters work... perhaps not impossible though.