Is there a way to download the full list of Blu-ray titles?

Discussion of Site Features Current and Future
pclausen
Dolby Digital

Is there a way to download the full list of Blu-ray titles?

Post by pclausen »

When I look at the Blu-ray Disc Statistics Stats Page, I see that there is a total of 13,238 titles. This count includes a lot of dupes due to different pricing adding rows to the report.

I'd like to export the list to a .csv and pull it into a local database to dedupe it and then bounce it against my list of local DVDs that I have ripped over the years.

I own just over 700 DVD titles and I'm trying to figure out an easy way to see which ones have since been released on Blu-Ray. I don't really want to look them up one by one, but rather bounce my list of DVD titles against a list of all available Blu-Ray titles, and the list on this site appears to be perfect for that purpose, but I don't see a way to export to .csv from the stats page.

Please advise. Thanks!
DAve
LPCM

Re: Is there a way to download the full list of Blu-ray titl

Post by DAve »

Yeah there is no way to export the whole database. That is partially due to the effort required to make it possible and partially due to the fact that the database is effectively the 'secret recipe' that takes all the work and holds all the value.

As far as I know there are no duplicate UPCs in the database. Some titles have been re-released a number of times under different UPCs with different packaging and/or features.

A number of the titles in the database have also been discontinued, so while they are listed, they are not readily available.

You may be able to work something out with the Amazon API to effectively cross reference your DVDs against their database of currently available Blu-ray titles.

Cheers! Dave.