Sony BDP-S350

Discussion of Features on the Hardware Info Site
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Yeah the package I got with I, Robot cost less than I, Robot by itself! :)

I really need to start shedding some discs though... my collection is getting out of hand...!
TOOLhead08
DTS

Post by TOOLhead08 »

You and me both. I'm sure I'm not even close to your collection but I have over 200 since December '07. I took advantage of the good deals early on but I've slowed down a lot since then. I'm going to start getting rid of some but I don't know how I'm going to sell them. I'm afraid to use eBay (don't know why) so I might use Craigslist. Any suggestions?

BTW, how 'bad' is your collection? I tried to search through your site but not sure how to view another member's collection.

Going back to topic, there was a firmware update but it didn't help with the 192 KHz for Akira. Oh well...
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Sorry to hear that the firmware update didn't work.

You can see my collection here

Though it is not entirely up to date... :)
TOOLhead08
DTS

Post by TOOLhead08 »

Massive collection, man! I guessed you probably have around double of what i have and I was right. :)

I know we're going off topic now but how do you view other people's collection? Are you the only one that can view everyone's since you're the mod? Also, is there any way to export our collection? I don't think mine is up to date either and want to know which ones i'm missing.

Are you going to integrate 'my collection' into the 'regular' Blu-ray Statistics so we would know which ones we already have? To be honest, sometimes I'm not sure which ones I have from the list. If there was a column that marks which ones are already on my collection, that would be awesome. I hope that makes sense.
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

The public view is a check box on the My Blu-ray Stats page.

If people elect to check that box, you can view their collection with that link I gave, change DAve to the user name you want to see.

I can see the raw data but I have not set up anything such that I can see anyone's collection, though it is not difficult.

It should be possible to allow some kind of flag in the main list for titles you own. It will perhaps be a little tricky since they are independent databases and you would not want to have too many SQL queries... but it is doable I think.

It is certainly useful to know what you own ... I am considering some kind of iPhone interface so that you can see what you own on the run... which is when you usually need to know ...! :)
TOOLhead08
DTS

Post by TOOLhead08 »

I just saw the check box you are talking about. Yesterday, I tried using the link you gave me and changed it to my user name and it didn't work. Now I know why. I didn't have it checked then.

I know that if you click on a movie it shows if you have it in collection or your wishlist. I went through blu-ray stats and I accumulated I think about 45 movies on my wishlist. Yikes! Prolly don't need all of them. Hehehe...

Looking forward on how the iPhone interface will work. Thanks, Dave.
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

I just switched the main stats page over to the 'new format'.

Let me know if you see any weirdness.

I am hoping this will be a cleaner format all round...

Once all of the stats page versions are in the new format I will look at adding the extra indicators (like 'you own this' etc...)
TOOLhead08
DTS

Post by TOOLhead08 »

It is definitely a cleaner format. I think the 'old' format looked like everything was in bold which made it . I messed around with the filters and I didn't see anything funky. Awesome job, Dave!
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Cool - will convert the other pages too.

My ultimate goal is go get the site portable and eventually move to a faster server... But I expect that will take a while...!
TOOLhead08
DTS

Post by TOOLhead08 »

Gosh, I didn't notice I didn't finish my sentence there. LOL

It looked too crowded, is what I meant to say. :)

Yup. You keep making good improvements. That's all that matters. Kudos!
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Well I am a site user also, so I like it to work well :)

I really like the title filter... helps if you are looking for a specific series of films or the like...

I just wish the site was faster. I am hoping that as I do make it more portable and move to a new server, it will load much faster.

I need to get away from the 'budget' hosting...
TOOLhead08
DTS

Post by TOOLhead08 »

My favorite is the audio filter and title probably second. I also like the digital copy filters. If only BD-Live is getting better, I'd use that filter more. I've been really disappointed with what the studios have been coming up with.

How do you propose to get away from budget hosting?
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Well, all y'all need to start by using the Amazon links more lol.

Seriously though... if the need arises I will move to a dedicated server or colocated server somewhere local-ish.

What I really need to do though is rebuild all of the pages so that they are not so tied to their current location - once the site is effectively portable, it can be moved to any reasonable host - maybe just a better low cost service will suffice...

I have one set up... just need the time to put in to make it work...
TOOLhead08
DTS

Post by TOOLhead08 »

LOL I do, when I remember. :D

But ever since my Prime expired I haven't been buying too much from Amazon. I try to use your links as much as possible to give you credit. How does that work, actually? How long is your referral 'on'? I'll support your site as much as I can. I visit it like 10 times a day already, if not more. Hehehe...

It looks like you've got a plan in place. It's just a matter of time.
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

I think it depends on the site. None of my links are 'per click', though if you use a link and buy something (not necessarily the thing linked) then I get a referral.

Again I am not sure when/how that expires etc.

This month has been the lowest in a while - that said it is still way better than the first few months lol :)