IRC Chan

Discussion of the Statistics and Trends
Hastor
DTS

IRC Chan

Post by Hastor »

I was wondering if the site had an official IRC channel anywhere, or chat of any sort? Might consider a web based client that connects you to an IRC network and autojoins a channel, that way IRC people can use it from their client, and people just used to www could too.

In any case, I hang out on EFnet a lot and have been making a channel called #blu-raystats with a link in the topic, don't know if it will do any good. I idle on IRC a lot but not quite 24/7. Just trying to bring in more people cause I really like the site, very useful. If you have a problem with me having the channel (or want to be a more permanent op there), please let me know. If you look at the member list on the forums, at number of posts, it looks more like so far it is Hastor and Dave's chat place with the occasional single post from someone else. I like a small community, but would rather see the site thrive, and we still aren't quite up to a small community on the forums quite yet even heh. This site is exactly what I've been needing for a while, being able to sort by so many things is useful. I first came here, well to hd-dvdstats and sorted by exclusive so I could make a list of HD-DVD exclusives I wanted to buy in case the Blu-ray doesnt come out for a while. Now I'm hanging out here more because its where all the new movies will be posted and where I expect more people to come.
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

I have no issue with you having an IRC channel.

Let me know if you get any traction :D

I have not used EFnet but I can probably come an take a look some time.
shadow
Dolby Digital

Post by shadow »

EFNet does not have any services, so you would need a botnet. there is an channel out there, dunno if DAve wants to publicize it or not?
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Hastor has visited the channel already - hopefully he made a note of it :D

If anyone else needs the info feel free to PM.