BD-Live content

Discussion of Potential New Features or Pages
jwilgis
Dolby Digital

BD-Live content

Post by jwilgis »

Great site, very informative. It would be great if there were a way to see what discs had bd-live content but I ma not sure that is easy information to find.

Tx
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

http://www.blu-raystats.com/Stats/Stats ... e&BDLive=Y

This link will show you titles known to have BD Live.

I need to integrate this more into the pages but I would rather wait until I have the new version of the stats list before doing that sort of thing...
TOOLhead08
DTS

Post by TOOLhead08 »

Are there any new ways the studios utilize BD-Live? I haven't been too excited with BD-Live content. There have been some good ones but overall I've been disappointed.

Has there been some tracking info as far as users accessing BD-Live? I try to access it as much as I can but I'm curious how much BD-Live is accessed by other users.
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

I am not sure of any tracking being done.

I have had a look at a few BDLive things but not many really.

I do aim to have a break down of what the studios offer... eventually :)
TOOLhead08
DTS

Post by TOOLhead08 »

I think it would be interesting to see if consumers really use BD-Live. I think it's a very small percentage. I bet the highest use of BD-Live would be action movies TDK & Iron Man. Hehehe...
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Well I assume for now it is mostly tech heads that are using it...
whiskersland
Dolby Digital

Post by whiskersland »

Hi. I just thought I would chime in with my thoughts on BD-Live. I am very excited about the future use of this Blu-ray feature. I am primarily interested in the chance to download extra foreign language subtitles. My wife is Greek and we watch all our films with English subtitles. We would use Greek, but very few BDs in Region B or A include them.

I consider any BD-Live enabled disc that I purchase as having a kind of future proofing. The reason; one day I hope to be able to add the subtitles we want via the BD-Live menu. How long until "one day" arrives must depend on third party developers and the studio's speed of adoption of third party add-ons. I for one would be happy to pay a euro or two to enhance any of the 100 or so BD-live discs I own by adding Greek subtitles.

I also have joined and explored the Disney BD-live Network on behalf of my daughter. It looks very cool and is full featured compared to the other studio's BD-Live offerings. Disney is obviously taking BD-Live very seriously. However, like the others it feels slow and not very interactive. ( I have a 4MB/s internet and a Sony BDP-S550 so I imagine it feels the same in the States?). Fortunately she's only one and a half so I'm happy to give Disney time to make the experience faster...

Regards,

Harold
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Yeah I find pretty much all of the BD Live experiences to be very slow.

Makes the 'long load times' for the discs seems short! :)

I am not sure what the inherent issue is there.

Also the fact that many titles seem to want to download a patch before they can be used is a major problem IMHO.
Kareem33
Dolby Digital

BD-Live accuracy in stats?

Post by Kareem33 »

Great site.

Have been looking for somewhere that lists Blu-Ray Disc that have BD-Live content.

However the accuracy seems to be a bit off RE those listed has 'Yes' to BD-Live in the 'Features' Stats Page column?

I own Flash Gordon Region B (AUS), and there is no BD-LIVE. Though I note the bonus features on my disc differ to that listed on the DVDEmpire link, and the cover is different...my spine has a number 8278140.
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

The BD Live content will vary from country to country.

Most of the titles listed in the database are US titles.

Flash Gordon is a Universal title in the US if I recall correctly - pretty much all Universal titles have basic BD Live functionality.

Eventually I hope to augment the list with foreign titles but it is a huger undertaking so it may well be quite a while before we see them included in the database, especially AUS titles since getting data on these is difficult.
Kareem33
Dolby Digital

BD-Live by Release Country

Post by Kareem33 »

Thanks for the clarification.
If I can help in anyway with AUS release, please do ask :D
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

I will keep that in mind - thanks!

I have often thought about some form of 'crowd sourcing' :)

Setting it up of course is the challenge...