HD DVD STATS DOWN?

Corrections or Additions to Statistics Database
Gunther Melones
Dolby Digital

HD DVD STATS DOWN?

Post by Gunther Melones »

I've been unable to access the HD DVD Stats page and was wondering if it was removed or if it is just momentarily down. :shock:
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Actually the hosting ran out on that one.

I still have everything somewhere and will likely put it up on a new host sometime.

I didn't know anyone still looked at that :)
Gunther Melones
Dolby Digital

Yup. I ended up buying a whole bunch of them after it became a dead format just because of the extremely low cost. But there's an issue w/ the 360 HD DVD players where due to HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection); the anti-piracy measure that when using an HDMI connection to watch HD movies there's a "handshake" between the HD DVD player and television and when one device isn't able to communicate fast enough for the other there's issues. Specifically HD DVD's that are AVC encoded seem to be having these problems where the movie will randomly go black for a split second and return to the film... it's annoying and I'm trying to sort out which of mine are potentially flawed due to this issue. If put up a new host for it or even email me a list w/ which are AVC encoded let me know. Thanks for all the leg work in sorting all that info for everyone.
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

I have put the page up on a new host.

It still sorta uses the old host a little so it may go dead unexpectedly, at least until I get everything transferred.

But last time I checked it was working.

Cheers!
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

I could sell you my HD-A1.
Gunther Melones
Dolby Digital

Awesome. It works... That is an epic list. I appreciate the offer to sell your HD-AI, but Im nott to the point where I wanna give up on the 360 HD-DVD player just yet... Thanks for putting the list back up it gave me a much need perspective.
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

No problem - I was (mostly) joking about the A1 - the smiley just somehow got left off :)