UK Sweeny Todd region free?

Discussion of Blu-ray Disc Releases Past, Present and Future
Hastor
DTS

UK Sweeny Todd region free?

Post by Hastor »

I was wondering if anyone knew if the upcoming Blu-ray of Sweeney Todd in the UK will be region coded. It was going to be on HD-DVD in US, but that release is canceled now with no US date that I'm aware of. If we can't be sure till it ships, would someone post as soon as they do know one way or the other?
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

If it is, it would possibly be the first Warner disc that is :D

Probably worth waiting to be sure... but it is very likely region free.
Hastor
DTS

Post by Hastor »

Yeah I'm afraid with the changing landscape of the formats that maybe this WILL be their first region-coded disc. If I had any way of knowing for sure I'd pre-order. Luckily I work at a second run movie theater and we just got it yesterday, so I'm going to work after they close and at least watch it in DTS off a 35mm print again! We had No Country For Old Men after it was out on dvd, so work is a great source for watching things again in a good format if no HD is coming soon. Of course that one did come to blu-ray but glad I saw it on the big screen first nonetheless. Being a projectionist pays shit but has its fringe benefits. Sucks to have to go into a movie I haven't seen yet to check on something though when I want to see it, thats the only downside. For ones I really don't want spoiled I go pay to see them at the first-run theaters like a normal person. I guess Sweeny Todd was the last one I payed to see.
017hnoor
Dolby Digital

Re: UK Sweeny Todd region free?

Post by 017hnoor »

Of course that one did come to blu-ray but glad I saw it on the big screen first nonetheless.