Multi-Angle in blu-ray

Discussion of Blu-ray Disc Releases Past, Present and Future
TOOLhead08
DTS

Multi-Angle in blu-ray

Post by TOOLhead08 »

I had a couple of DVD's back in the day that had multi-angle feature. I'm curious as to which titles have this feature on blu-ray. I assume this will mainly be featured in concert titles. The Incubus Alive at Red Rocks has multi-angle and it was pretty cool. Do you guys know of other titles with this feature?
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

It is not something I have seen used much, though I think that Disney continues to use this kind of feature for multiple language support in the video.

Of course, that is transparent to the user, so it isn't multi angle where you can choose your angle...
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Looks like Dogtown and Z-Boys will have multi angle.
TOOLhead08
DTS

Post by TOOLhead08 »

I didin't know Disney uses this feature for multi language support.

I was just looking at my remote one day and notice the Angle button and thought why it was not being used at all. I remember on one of the Metallica DVD's, I beleive the Cunning Stunts one, I would follow each band member for the whole song. I thought that was neat. I wish studios would utilize this more. If they could do multi angle on actual movies, that would be awesome too.

I'll check out Dogtown when it comes out. I want to know how they utilize the multi angle feature.
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Yeah, should be interesting. I am finally forging some ties at Sony so I may get one to review with any luck...
sharon93
Dolby Digital

Post by sharon93 »

For Blu-ray, I think the Ratatouille from Disney also uses multi-angle
Confirmed, it contains.
aiza
Dolby Digital

Re: Multi-Angle in blu-ray

Post by aiza »

Thank you for being so kind and helping me. I am hoping this puts me on the right path!