My Blu-ray Stats beta test

Discussion of Site Features Current and Future
DAve
LPCM

My Blu-ray Stats beta test

Post by DAve »

Hi all,

I am starting the My Blu-ray Stats beta.

It is open to anyone who is registered at the forum - in fact it uses the same cookies so once you register and log in here, the functions become available.

If you log out they will be disabled.

So, assuming you are logged in:

1) The Details pages will have the option to add the disc to your collection. This is a button under the image on the left hand side.

Clicking this button will take you to a page that shows that you have added the item. If for some reason there is a problem, you may get an error message along with a SQL query - if you get this please post that information in this thread.

If it all goes well, you will be at a page that also allows you to add another disc using the UPC (or Amazon ASIN tag).

2) If you have a bar code scanner and would prefer to use the UPC's to add to your collection, you can go directly to the UPC adding page.

The focus automatically goes to the right spot with each load so assuming your bar code scanner does a 'enter' after each code, you can scan in all your discs very quickly.

Currently it only recognizes US BDs from the database, but I will extend the scope to include Imports and probably other forms of media as well over time.

3) If you want to see your collection you can at this page.

You should be able to use the filters as you do with the Stats page, but be aware that you cannot reorder the listing, since it is a different kind of database arrangement.

You will however see the stats for your collection.

So, have fun and let me know what you think.

Soon to come - a wish list, and other collection types like Imports.
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Please note, the Add to Collection button does not exist on the Amazon details page.

You need to use the Blu-ray Stats database page for the button to appear.
yl_ksa
Dolby Digital

Post by yl_ksa »

I just tried out the feature of adding to my collecton, its brilliant specially the statistics that it gives u...its an amazing feature...

the only down thing to it is i own PAL PS3 so my movies are either region B or region free, but i added whatever was available on ur database and am still mising around 30 movies...

so am really looking forward for when the database is updated to include imports as u call it :D

thx alot for this cool feature, i wanted to post my collection here but since it depends on cookies, i guess i cant share my lis with everyone...

if there are any update to this feature plz let us know, and thx alot once again for ur efforts
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Glad you like it.

Combining sources from multiple countries is difficult but I will be working towards it. I have a few imports myself so cataloguing them is something I want to do.

I imagine that the stats page will only support US releases, but it should be possible to have a larger list that includes imports, etc.

I need to work on the Nav to allow more page options - that is probably the next step.

Glad you like it anyways - I thought it was pretty cool myself :D

It was interesting to see my leanings in Blu-ray purchases spelled out.

I may be able to do something to allow people to share their lists - that was not something I considered originally.

Cheers!
DAve.
yl_ksa
Dolby Digital

Post by yl_ksa »

hey Dave, sorry for bothering u, i just got a new idea which i guess will be really simple to implement on each user collection statistics page...

in my collection page after the list of movies, there is the number of titles i have, so what about adding next to it the average IMDB rating for all the movies i have, and right next to that the total amount spent on those titles...and since all the numbers are there, it will be just a metter of adding a function am guessing...

i hope u like the idea :D
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

That would not be difficult to add. Remind me if it isn't done in a week or so.

I want to focus on the Nav first, but will add this if I touch the Collection page.

Now is the best time to ask for things since I not too many people are asking for things so far :D

Cheers!
Mehar
Dolby Digital

Post by Mehar »

yl_ksa wrote:I just tried out the feature of adding to my collecton, its brilliant specially the statistics that it gives u...its an amazing feature...

the only down thing to it is i own PAL PS3 so my movies are either region B or region free, but i added whatever was available on ur database and am still mising around 30 movies...

so am really looking forward for when the database is updated to include imports as u call it :D

thx alot for this cool feature, i wanted to post my collection here but since it depends on cookies, i guess i cant share my lis with everyone...

if there are any update to this feature plz let us know, and thx alot once again for ur efforts
I haven't tried this but I noticed their was a section where you could add the Amazon code, why not try going to your regions Amazon site and getting the code?
yl_ksa
Dolby Digital

Post by yl_ksa »

Mehar wrote: I haven't tried this but I noticed their was a section where you could add the Amazon code, why not try going to your regions Amazon site and getting the code?
ya i have tried to do that but nothing happens, it just reset the field without adding anything to my collection...so am guessing it only recognizes the US Amazon ASIN...

and thx btw
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

The Amazon Code only works for the US released titles.

It is kind of really a place holder in the page code for the version for wishlists.

Once 'foreign' UPCs are recognised, the same will be true for Amazon ASIN code for foreign titles.

We may end up putting together a new database that is just for weird titles from weird places that make good imports...! :D
yl_ksa
Dolby Digital

Post by yl_ksa »

cooool, i just saw that the average imdb rating of my blu-ray collection has been added...thx alot DAve

and i also noticed the UK imports section, i think thats new as well...it looks nice and neat...so great job and thx alot once again
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Yeah that was an easy add.

The UK imports has been there a little while.

I will add DE and FR once I get the new nav sorted out... hopefully in a couple of days.

There are a few other things that need to be added to get things integrated better... lots to do...
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

yl_ksa wrote: thx alot for this cool feature, i wanted to post my collection here but since it depends on cookies, i guess i cant share my lis with everyone...
I have been thinking about this.

I will work on a 'control panel' that will allow you to set personal options, and have one that allows you to share your collection with a specific URL that you can post in your .sig

Does that seem like a reasonable approach?
yl_ksa
Dolby Digital

Post by yl_ksa »

ya that seems like a really cool thing specially the link for my collection...
let me know when its done, i will be looking forward to it
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

Ok, anyone should be able to see your Collection at:

http://www.blu-raystats.com/MyBlu-raySt ... p?U=yl_ksa

I have not enabled this for any other username, and the control panel to enable and disable this feature does not exist yet.

So, if anyone else wants it enabled let me know.

If you want it disabled, let me know :D

I will see about setting up a control panel soon, but time is a little short these days so it will probably be next week... at that time any user will be able to enable or disable this feature at will (and access their collection using their own username in place of yl_ksa)...
DAve
LPCM

Post by DAve »

The ASIN and UPC input page should now accept UPC/EAN codes and ASIN codes from UK, Germany and France.

It will of course only recognise codes for discs in the Amazon UK, Amazon DE or Amazon FR database.

Also, these imports will not contribute to the stats for your collection.

Eventually I will allow for additions for imports from other countries, which will require a new 'user generated' database to be created, so that is a bit more effort :D

In the mean time I will be working on the user control panel and the display of the import titles (currently you can add then but they will not show up in the list).